Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: Hard Candy All Glossed up In Chic 4 out of 5

I Picked up this lip stain at Wal-Mart the other day because I wanted to see how it compared with the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I have taken it to work for a few days this week and I fee like I have gathered enough information to make have an initial impression of this product.  Let me start point by point: 
1). The price: Hard Candy is exclusive to Wal-Mart but the price that was on the display was $4 but when it rang up it  said $5 but still less the Revlon which can be pricey especially if you buy those at the drugstore without a sale.
2) Amount of product: 3.2g as opposed to the Revlon 2.7g so you are getting a little more product with the Hard Candy.
3) Texture: I must say that this product feel silkier therefore a tiny bit more moisturizing than the Revlon. It's not sticky at all.
4).Packaging: both are twist up with a cap. The Revlon has a coordinating colored cap the Hard Candy has a clear cap to let you see the product color. I'm leaning towards the clear cap just because the clear you can see the actually product. The Revlon you can't see the product and I have heard some people saying the outside might not be the same as the product itself. (although the three Revlon Just Bittens that I have do match)
5)Taste & smell: Hard Candy all glossed up has no taste but a rancid, old lipstick kind of smell. Revlon has a minty smell and taste.
6.) Longevity: I wore this to work a few days and I have noticed it does not stay on long at all. In my experience the most it has stayed on is 2-4 hours in total counting the stained part. Now as you can see from the picture is most certainly NOT a dark color at all so that might have something to do with it. I would have bought another one that was darker to try it out IF it were not for one thing. The smell. Honestly I was not a fan of the smell while I was applying it. It smelled rancid. After I applied it I didn't notice the smell. But for that reason alone I will not be purchasing any more of these. I have no problem with the Revlon's minty smell. If you don't mind the smell then go for the Hard Candy one, you do get more product for your money and overall it does make your lips feel moisturized and that is what it claims to do. I don't see anywhere on the packaging that they advertise it to stain for hours and hours when clearly it doesn't so I would rate it a 4 out of 5 just for the smell.



Swatched on the hand
 



on the lips

No comments:

Post a Comment